Thursday, March 20, 2008

ONE LAST POST

Okay so I know that I have about posted Jaden's birthday out. But this is a story worth keeping track of, and since I am a terrible journal writer this is where it goes. Anyways-he woke up on his birthday at about 2:30 am. He couldn't catch his breath and then he started to get nervous. We took him outside in the cold to try and open his airways and that didn't help. Wade and I decided he needed to go to the ER. So I hopped in the car and took him to Beaver. We got there and the doctor said his breathing was bad and that he had the croup. So he gave him a breathing treatment, a shot, and sent us home. It really helped and he started doing better. But with being up all night his birthday was a rough one. We took these pictures while we were at the hospital :(
My sick birthday boy!!
Jaden and I-Not too bad for 3:30 in the morning

Jaden doing his breathing treatment

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh man that is horrible. I'm so glad you got him fixed up. What a scare to have to drive to Beaver in the middle of the night with a kid that is struggling to breathe. UUGGG

Tiffany said...

That's no way to start your birthday! Glad he's getting better.

Tiffany said...

Sad that you were sick for Easter. Hope you guys are better soon!!

Leslee said...

I didn't think kids that age got croup anymore? We've done that whole thing with Jace last year. It is NOT fun. His whole chest was caving in - definitely not something I want to have to deal with ever again, and once we were at the hospital, they could have cared less! He sat there for over an hour not breathing before they finally helped him!

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

You do have very handsome boys! I can't believe how much Jaden looks like his dad! How fun it is to see your family and few pictures of home in the background! You have an adorable family.