Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DEER HUNT AND CARVING PUMPKINS!!

I know it has been a while since I posted. We are trying to get our house finished up. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will close-so I will be posting pictures of it soon. Well now to back track a little. On the opening morning of the deer hunt, Wade and I took the boys and we were just going road hunting. We left home at about 6:00 in the morning and got over to Cottonwood (on this side of the Beaver Mountains). After getting chased off the road, and being surrounded by a dozen other hunters we decided to try our luck somewhere else. So we headed up on the Beaver Mountain. We were going up the switchbacks on the main road when we saw some deer. Wade could see there was a buck there so he told me to get my gun out. I looked at it and thought, "No it's too little." So while deciding it went behind some trees. Wade and I talked about it and decided that I could fire a shot (neither one of us thought I would hit) just to make Jaden and Jaxon's day. So it came running out of the trees and I shot. Well what do you know? I HIT IT!! Jaden was so excited!! Wade and I even got a little excited-I have never killed before. So we had to wake Jaxon up and start up the hill. The kids were so good all the way up the hill-which by the way was a pretty good sized hill. When we got up there they asked all kinds of questions about the blood and guts. It's not the biggest deer, but we were still excited. And it was fun to have Jaden and Jaxon there with us.
Me and my kill
Me, Jaxon, and Jaden
On Sunday afternoon, we rode Out West to go camping with my family. We went to help Aunt Kara get a deer, but we were unsuccessful. It was still a good time though. Here are Jaden, Jaxon, Kara, and my Dad on a rock during our four wheeler ride
CARVING PUMPKINS
We decided since Halloween is coming up we had better get our pumpkins carved. The boys had a ball, and wanted to each carve their own. Since Wade thinks that he can't stand to clean them out, that job was left up to me.
Here we are cleaning out the pumpkins
What help!!
The finished products
All lit up
Wade's pumpkin

8 comments:

McKell said...

Look at your kill - it looks good. And, at least you got one! The pumpkins look good. What a good mom you are to carve pumpkins. I'm more of putting stickers on the pumpkins to make faces. We girls don't like to get our hands dirty!

Aleman's said...

Good job on the deer! That is a reaaly cute pic of you and your deer. Pictures of me when I'm hunting are always scary but you look good.

April Leydsman Mason said...

That pumpkin looks a lot like Wade. Ha ha ha j/k. You guys are AMAZING pumpkin carvers. Wish I could have talked my husband into getting me some this year. What a party pooper. Oh and it was so good to see you the other day. You look way good. How in the world did you get so so skinny. I need pointers.

Daisie said...

Keish! Great Job on getting your deer! I love that you do that!! And your pumpkins look great!!!

The Tophams said...

Wow you mighty hunter! You better get that one mounted! Way cute pumpkins by the way!

Carrie said...

Mekeisia, you are quite a woman! I won't even touch the gun... or the deer. I will cook it, though. And Wade's pumpkin is awesome!

Tiffany said...

Nice deer! I guess at least you got one. I've never gotten one, but I've only had a rifle tag once. Now I usually bow hunt, much harder (for me). Anyway, sounds like fun. And the pumpkins are great. I don't carve, just not interested. Colby has to do it. Happy halloween!!

Deidre said...

Way to go Keish! I always knew you were deer-hunting material.