Monday, July 7, 2008

THE 4TH OF JULY!!

I love the 4th of July. It has been my favorite holiday since I was little. Circleville has a big celebration, so we stay here. One of my favorite things about the 4th of July is new 4th of July clothes. It was such a huge thing when we were little to get these new outfits, and I have carried it on with my boys. I love to pick them out for them.
Here is Jaxon in his new clothes.
Jaden and Jaxon
Jaden's new clothes
After the parade-which I didn't take any pictures of-, they have a program at the Elementary. Jaden and the rest of the preschool was asked to sing the National Anthem at the beginning. They all know the whole song and sounded so good up there singing it. Jaden is the one behind the microphone.

The most anticipated part of the day was the foot races. Jaxon was so excited to run for weeks before, but then the big day came and he was so hot and tired I didn't know if he would come through.
When they said, "GO" he turned around and wouldn't run.

He finally took off and boy did he run. He is so funny. When he runs, he just swings his one arm. It is so cute.
Here is Jaden's race.
He ran really fast, and we all think that he won. But they gave the dollar to another kid. That's okay because he was happy with his quarter and popsicle.


Jaden took this picture of Wendy and Bev (Wade's sister and Mom). He was so proud of himself for taking such a "Good Picture". After the races, they had all sorts of games set up and then they set up a blow up water slide. I didn't get any pictures of that. But we sure enjoyed the 4th. I am so thankful to live here in America. I am thankful for ALL of the freedoms we enjoy, and for the great place this is to raise children.

5 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

So, are you saying you prefer Circleville's celebration over Minersville?!! That's okay-it sounds like they are pretty similar and all small-town celebrations are FUN!!!

McKell said...

We missed you guys in Minersville. I'm sure Circleville was quite a blast. The boys outfits are cute. I've seemed to pick up your tradition, because I didn't get a new outfit or even dress patriotic when I was growing up.

Charity said...

I loved getting my new 4th of July outfits when I was little too. I didn't do it for Joel this year, but I plan on doing it when he gets older and can be excited about it with me. And all your little Circleville celebrations sound like Beaver's. The races, the booths, the parade. Such fun. The boys clothes are cute.

The Tophams said...

Hey! I wish it was the 4th of July every day! I love it! Seeing those races reminds of the good ol' days when I would go to Minersville for the 4th. Maybe we raced against each other back then! Your boys are way cute, your oldest looks a like like you!

Jackson's said...

Oh I miss the 4th's at Circleville. I loved the races. Those are the highlight of the whole day. I hope someday we get back to enjoy it once again. Looks like you all had a great time.